Monday 16 July 2018

Episode 73: Think on your Feet VI

Join Frank for the sixth Think on your Feet, in which Calvin Wright finds himself in the sleepy town of Arkham, taking a trip to the Ward Theatre for the premiere of The King in Yellow. I must say, it sounds delightful!

In Think on your Feet episodes, a live play series of Arkham Horror: The Card Game, I endeavour not to edit much at all. Sometimes I cut a bit of shuffling sounds or abbreviate some of my longer pauses (a chap's got to think!), but otherwise, it's uncut, unaltered and meant to feel like you're with me at the table. There are mistakes and misplays a-plenty, but hopefully some successes too. But in this episode, in light of the Patreon support and because I want to take Drawn to the Flame to the next level, I've added some atmospheric details too. Hopefully they elevate the listening experience. 

Here's the deck I started with: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/181479.  

Here's the deck before The Last King: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/181498

During the edit I spotted a couple of misplays I made while playing. At about 39 minutes I put a damage on 'the fire axe'. I meant fine clothes! My mind was addled by all the damage! And then another fine clothes bloop: when I'm hit by corrosion at 1hr14 or so, somehow I behave as though it's 2 cost rather than 1. Which is... weird. No wait, even weirder - I've convinced myself the gallery is 2 rather than 1 shroud, which is incredibly odd! So the fine clothes discard was correct. And at 1hr25 I seem to have forgotten how Dianne works, and I suggest I'd be cheating to move her to the bystander with the fewest clues, which is funny, since that's exactly what she *should* do! Aaaand at 1hr33 I forget to draw an encounter card... hypergah!


Amazing logo courtesy of this guy

Join Drawn to the Flame on Patreon: www.patreon.com/drawntotheflame

Listen on iTunes: right here


Subscribe to our RSS via Feedburner: right here

Direct download: right here

Email us on drawntotheflamepodcast@gmail.com

Twitter is here and Facebook is here.

Thank you for listening and subscribing!

2 comments:

  1. Frank, here's a guide video on how to pronounce "perseverance", courtesy of 90s band Terrorvision! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An59zXVEFFE

    ReplyDelete